We never doubt that women can change the world – because we already have. Women and Philanthropy continues to celebrate our community of women who have made Colorado State University what it is today, and what she is yet to become. Throughout the year we’ve gathered to learn from others remarkable journeys; connected to build community; and resolved to make a difference. Because of your ambition, Women and Philanthropy is poised to lead and propel us into the future.
Women and Philanthropy at CSU launched in March of 2018, since then our community has grown to more than 500 members.
Women and Philanthropy is a celebration of our women donors and an opportunity to shine a light on the giving power of women – not just the gift of treasure, but also celebrating the time, talents, and leadership voices of women.
Why the Philanthropic Focus on Women?
- Two of every five households have women as the primary breadwinner.
- The IRS reports that 43 percent of the nation’s top wealth holders - individuals with assets of $1.5 million or more - are women.
- 50 percent of single women give to charity compared to 40 percent of single men.
- 90 percent of philanthropic decisions in high net worth households are made by women or influenced by women as an equal partner.
- The wealthiest 25 percent of women give 156 percent more compared to their male peers.
- Women make up 36 percent of CEOs and business owners.
Women's Impact at Colorado State University
Women and Philanthropy Members
In gifts to CSU from Women and Philanthropy members over their lifetimes
Women have supported CSU’s State Your Purpose Campaign
In gifts from women to CSU, during the State Your Purpose Campaign